The Sherwood Park Martial Arts Club is a Martial Arts Team based out of Sherwood Park Alberta that aims to build young athletes into future leaders and socially responsible citizens through excellence in Martial Arts competition.
The Types of Programs Delivered by SPMAC
The Sherwood Park Martial Arts Club is a Martial Arts Competition Team that prepares young athletes in Sherwood Park for regional, national and international competitions. Young Martial Artists who represent the team practice three to four times a week at our club in Sherwood Park. Training sessions are supervised by qualified coaches in three disciplines only offered at this facility; Muay Thai Kickboxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Karate.
As part of the Sherwood Park Martial Arts Club young athletes learn:
- To prepare their bodies and minds for competition
- To live a healthy lifestyle as competitive athletes
- To behave as representatives of their community, province and nation
- To set goals and achieve them.
- To conquer difficult challenges
- To work with others in a team setting
Qualified athletes who earn a spot on the SPMAC team pay an annual registration fee that is renewable on September 1. Fee details are available upon request.
How Does SPMAC Benefit the Community?
The Sherwood Park Martial Arts Club helps to provide young athletes interested in competing in Martial Arts a place to train under high level coaches within a team atmosphere. SPMAC provides an organized structure for which athletes can work together to achieve their goals. SPMAC provides a facility and support system for athletes participating in Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Karate so that they can participate in regional, national and international tournaments administered by the supervising organizations of each sport.
The Sherwood Park Martial Arts Club benefits the community at large by:
- Providing diversity in athletics in the community
- Providing a structured support system for an individual sport with increasing popularity.
- Providing an outlet for athletes not interested in traditional team sports
- Providing an organizational structure for a sport rooted in personal development, community service, self-defence, confidence, personal strength and selflessness.